Tags

,

The Calendar for December is already starting to fill up with lots of events that I’m personally excited about, so let’s get right to it.

December 1st affords us the wonderful opportunity to see an exhibition opening for Robert Stewart, the Marygrove College photography instructor. The exhibit opening is from 6pm to 9pm located at Foran’s Grand Trunk Pub, 612 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226. Click for Google Map to the location.

December 7th brings us the Winter Concert featuring the Marygrove Band. The Marygrove Band, partnering with the Grosse Pointe concert band, present a Winter Concert in Alumnae Hall. The program will begin at 7:00 on the Marygrove College campus. I for one am very excited for this, as I’ve never heard the Marygrove College Band perform before so it is something that I’m really looking forward to. Also to perform at the Winter Concert is the Marygrove Handbell Ensemble directed by Dr. Joanne Clark.

December 9th displays the Dance Department with their Defining Moments: Senior Student Dance Showcase.  This is the annual fall dance concert and is a premier event here at Marygrove. I look forward to it every year and it never fails to present interesting and innovative choreography from the senior dance students. This year there will be performances on Friday December 9th and 16th at 8 P.M., Saturday December 10th at 2 and 8 P.M. and Saturday December 17th at 8 P.M. Tickets are $10, for seniors and students with I.D., and $15.

December 17th brings with it the end of the school year and a wonderful concert put on by the Marygrove Music Department. From Solstice to Christmas: A Celebration of Winter in Music, Poetry, and Prose featuring the Marygrove College Chorale and the Marygrove Handbell Ensemble. You already know how I feel about the Handbell Ensemble, so I’ll not repeat how amazing they are here. The Marygrove College Chorale members are supremely talented.

I plan to attend all of these events and write about them afterwards. I hope to see you there!